The CTM Thick Web Miter Rail Bridge Joint System was designed and developed along with, and for AMTRAK, for use on their lift, swing and bascule movable bridges. It has a proven record of reliable performances with minimized maintenance and improved life-cycle costs.
- Thick Web Miter Rail Bridge Joint System Sell Sheet PDF
- 1.93 Meg | 8/28/2012
- Premium head hardened thick web rail.
- Flash-butt welded extension rails.
- Designed for welded installations.
- Precision machined rail cradles.
- Heavy-duty thick base plate assemblies.
- Approach rails are securely anchored to plating.
- Fully guarded through the mitred section.
- Minimized number of joints.
Features and Benefits
- Flash-butt welds eliminate joints & rail batter.
- Easily adaptable to straight-railing for off-season.
- Smoother wheel transitions – less wear.
- No vertical wheel path discontinuities.
- Elimination of vertical impacts.
- Much higher tensile and yield strengths.
- Far less initial flow than manganese designs.
- Reduced maintenance requirements.
- Significant improvement in life-cycle cost.