A switch point is the means by which wheels are diverted from the rails from which they have been running to another route.
Three switch point constructions are available:
- Double Reinforced: For heavy loads
- Single Reinforced: For intermediate loads
- Non-reinforced: For light loads
- Detail 6100- Preferred construction for straight switch points: alternate for curved switch points.
- Detail 5100- Preferred construction for curved switch points: alternate for straight switch points.
- Detail 4000- Alternate construction for straight and curved switch points.
Features and Benefits